Thursday, January 7, 2016

Weekday Inspiration | Sunshine Mentality


I am not a morning person. For this reason, getting back to work this week has been especially difficult for me. After two weeks of hedonistic sleep patterns, my internal clock was not prepared for regular bedtimes and wake up calls.

However, when your morning view involves pinks, purples and oranges backdropped against the CN Tower, waking up early certainly seems like a small price.

Click through to see my view (once I stopped hitting snooze):




One other thing keeping me going this week is my trusty, good-vibes-inducing desktop salt lamp. A wonderful gift from my loved ones, this lamp came with me to work about a year ago and I turn it on every single morning to get my day started.


What does this glistening slab of pinkish orange rock do? I'm so happy you asked! According to Wellness Mama, Himalayan salt lamps naturally emit negative ions into the air, similar to the ionic processes that happen in lightning storms, or at the beach. Electronic devices like computers and telephones emit positive ions, which some say cause air pollution and stress. Salt lamps can neutralize the positive ions in the air, balance air quality and increase the flow of oxygen to the brain.

Above all else, my salt lamp provides a welcome, sunny glow on my desk and has proven itself a good conversation starter.

What helps you stay in a sunshine mentality?

No comments:

Post a Comment