Friday, January 8, 2016

Top 5 | Best Downtown Toronto Groupon Fitness Deals (Right Now)

This is for all you fitness fanatics who hate to pay full price to workout!

I am addicted to Groupon. And, since I am not so addicted to getting my workout on, sweet fitness deals certainly help me get (and stay) motivated.

Enter Groupon's January 2016 deals (as of January 7, 2016 - please don't hate me if these deals expire before you read this!!). Read on for 5 amazing deals that made my jaw drop (and had me pulling out my credit card lol).





5. $19 5 Class PassCardio-Go

I've seen Cardio-Go on Groupon multiple times throughout the past few years. This deal is a spectacular one, $4/class for pilates or yoga classes. Their locations are downtown and quite central, and the schedule has time slots that would work well for many Torontonians. Cardio-Go Groupon deals are always pretty attractive, and the sudio seems like a pretty sweet spot, but there's something that's always held me back from purchasing. Don't let that stop you - I'm sure it's phenomenal**!

**I've never been here, can't speak authentically to the quality/value/awesomeness of this place**

4. $49 One Month Membership @ Union Yoga + Wellness

Union Yoga + Wellness is lovely. Positively beautiful and serene, with a large hot room that faces south over Bloor St, and a cozy practice room nestled in the corner. This space used to be a Tula location, and it's where I first dove into yoga seriously. Forgive me if I am completely biased when it comes to all things related to this studio location. If you practice twice a week here, this Groupon works out to be about $6/class. This Groupon is also $2 cheaper than Union's intro special, which is listed as $45+HST ($50.85) for one month unlimited. If it was closer to me (or if it wasn't winter) I would snatch this up in a second.

3. $65 10 Class PassExtension Room

Want to be a ballerina? Or at the very least look like one? $65 on Groupon will get you 10 classes at this East End fitness studio, where athletic conditional methods and the ballet barre are brought together for a totally chic workout**. $6.50 per class is pretty sweet, and there's also a $35 option that will get you 5 classes (minor value difference of $0.50/class is pretty much negligible). If it weren't so far out of my way I would be all over this deal. Also worth mentioning they have a $40 intro special for new students, that covers 2 weeks unlimited classes. If you are a turbo athlete and could cover 10 classes in 14 days, forgo the Groupon and pick up the intro special instead.

**I've never been here, can't speak authentically to the quality/value/awesomeness of this place**

2. $45 10 Class PassIam Yoga

Right downtown, located in a sunny, hardwood floor, plant-filled space, Iam Yoga is something of an urban oasis. I used to practice there often, and I love the wide variety of hot and regular classes they offer. Their varied schedule of many daytime and evening classes happening on all 7 days of the week make this a convenient fitness option regardless of your schedule. My only gripe is, at least in the past, Iam Yoga can get a little crowded - arrive early and you should be fine. Plus, at $4.50 a pop, this deal is pretty spectacular.

1. $19 One Month Membership99 Sudbury Gym (I bought)

This deal includes one month's membership, 2 one hour long personal training sessions, and unlimited access to their daily scheduled classes all month long - for NINETEEN BUCKS!! Even if you just use the personal training sessions, that is literally $10/hour with a personal trainer who will show you some great moves and give you expert tips. 99 Sudbury is a little out of the way if you don't live smack dab downtown, but I love it's warehouse feel and urban sensibilities. It has good reviews and some very appealing classes. I'll keep you posted on what I uncover...

No comments:

Post a Comment