Friday, November 11, 2016

Random Thought | Passwords

Why is it SO difficult to remember to type my new password in?

This morning, my computer prompted me to update my password - which has got to be one of the most annoying notifications/orders/directions a computer can give first thing in the morning. I'm sort of habit-driven, and this becomes the most clear to me in situations such as these.


I've been logging off and on my computer at least 9 times today, and every single time I've typed in the wrong password (my old one). I'm on auto-pilot to the extreme, I think my fingers have a mind of their own.

In the Internet age, how many of our impulses are habit-driven, as opposed to conscious and deliberate? I've thought about this before, regarding muscle memory and Instagram, and it's a thought that keeps haunting me - how integrated is technology in my life? And how much is too much?

Stress has been nipping at my heels these days, and 'unplugging' from technology is an often listed item when compiling tips for relaxing, feeling better, 'recharge-ing' (see what I did there!?). It's HARD though, even without wi-fi!

Humanity changes, society is different from one day to the next, there are deeply rooted habits that are shifting - and nothing should stay the same forever. The technological reliance, and inter-connectivity we're facing is no exception.

And, on that note, passwords can't stay the same forever either....

No comments:

Post a Comment